The article is devoted to the history of the foundation and the activities of the All-Russian Memorial Society for the Soldiers of the Russian army, fallen during the war with Germany, Austria and Turkey. This public organization was founded for the implementation of commemorative projects and the improvement of military burials during the First World War. Recent historiography has for the most part neglected the All-Russian Memorial Society. The author uses new archival sources, such as official correspondence (incoming and outgoing letters), protocols and registers of the executive agency of the All-Russian Memorial Society, parish registers, lists of members, as well as published sources such as the organization’s charter, directives of the Holy Synod and articles from the journal Arkhitekturno-khudozhestvennyi ezhenedel’nik. The article concludes that by the beginning of 1917 the All-Russian Memorial Society had received support from the Emperor, had opened local departments all across the Empire and had prepared for the implementation of its projects. Activities of the All- Russian Memorial Society stopped after the Bolshevik’s seizure of power.